HANDS Saving Program Contract
The HANDS Saving Program is an opportunity for families with children to work on maintaining their permanent housing situation by mastering basic budgeting, learning life and financial literacy skills and developing a savings mind-set that will aid them in becoming self-sufficient and financially stable. Financial incentives, education, mentoring, and relationship building are an important part of the program. This program is a six-month commitment to improving a family’s financial wellness and aiding them in securing their future. You will need internet access and a laptop/Chromebook. If you do not have one of these, we can give you a Chromebook.
The HANDS Program: Savings Match, Financial Incentives & Bonuses
- SVdP GA will match savings up to $150 per month for 6 months ($900 total).
- You must place a minimum of $20 in your savings account each month.
- Credit score improvement from beginning to end of the program resulting in a 20-point increase in your score will earn a $100 BONUS.
- If you continue your saving habit after this 6 month program ends, and you place a minimum of $20 in your savings account each month for months 6-12, you will earn a $200 BONUS.
- Participants cannot put $900 in savings account at month six. You must be saving consistently monthly.
- Your savings match and credit score bonus (if applicable) will be paid by deposit to the savings bank account at the end of month 6. The bonus for continued saving will be paid in month 13, if applicable.
Rules for Participation
Please check each box to agree that you have read and understand each of the program rules: